Sunday, June 18, 2006

WORKER'S PARTY UPDATE


As I have posted in an earlier entry, I have decided to pay Worker's Party headquarters a visit, at the behest of the coordinator of WP's magazine, "Hammer", held this Monday at WP headquarters.

By and large, it was an interesting meeting of sorts, and I was heartened to see quite a sizeable number of political creatures who have not been very much impressed by the ruling incumbent's abject failure to follow up with a satisfactory manifesto cum strategy to counter WP's very sound election campaign.

The meeting kicked off with Ms Sylvia's introduction speech, followed by a informal question-ad-answer session. The audience was subsequently broken down into various groups, each being attended by one WP member.

The exact topics discussed were wide ranging, and it would be difficult for me to write it down, as the discussions were not very organized, to begin with.

What I didn't get to do, however, was discuss issues with the magazine coordinator with regards to how I should contribute to the party proper, since she was occupied with her WP members.

Regardless, I shall be attending another meeting next week, if my schedule permits. Hopefully I can iron out certain issues, before deciding on how I should approach politics and its inherents.

2 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is encouraging to see that you are not blogging only and decided to take some real action.

Whether you join WP as volunteer,candidate or member, it is still contributing to the Cause.

Big or small role does not matter as long as you contribute like NS.

Its a pity I am overseas or I would have done the same.

Good luck.

 
At 5:55 PM, June 27, 2006, Blogger Blueheeler - the hound who sniffs out fishy news said...

Great to see that you are taking up an active interest in S'pore's alternative politcs! Hope it all goes well for you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page